Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Call off the search

A package arrived in the post on the afternoon of my birthday last week addressed to Kevin. I assumed it was a CD for me as a present... don't know why really, just did. Anyway I opened the package and inside was a CD by a young artist called Katie Melua. On the way out to dinner that evening I mentioned the package to Kevin and he'd been sent it to do a review. We listened to it on the way to the restaurant and I've played it every day since. It is amazing. Strangers who have heard it playing in my car want to buy it... The US release date was June 8th. I had no idea as I was playing this CD that it had been number 1 in the charts for weeks in the UK and had sold 1.2 million copies and gone platinum.Katie Melua official Website: KATIE MELUA Her voice has a haunting unique quality and her style is modern but somehow retro. Katie was born in Georgia (USSR), moved to Northern Ireland, studied in Scotland and went to college in London. It is hard to pick a favourite track as they are all so good. "Tiger in the night" I like very much. Crawling up a hill is also a memorable one. You have to check her out. You will not be disappointed! She's on Jimmy Kimmel live on Friday 9th July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home